Become A Leader
Strong Leaders Strong Values | Character Counts
Becoming a Trained Leader
Parents are the lifeblood of our pack. Without them, our program would be limited and our Scouts would be missing out on the fun.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in our pack. ALL the required training can be taken online - so you can take the training at your own pace.
First Step to Leadership
- Talk to a current leader (Cubmaster, Committee Chair, Den Leader) about your willingness to help
- Discuss which role would best fit your talents and comfort level
- Complete Council Specific Training
- Complete Pack Specific Training
Council Specific Training (45 Minutes)
- Obtain an Adult Leader Application at www.northerstarbsa.org and fill it out.
- Go to my.scouting.org and create an account.
- Take the following courses at myscouting.org...
- Youth Protection Training
- This is Scouting
- Leader Specific (which role you will be performing)
- Print the Youth Protection Certificate (available upon completion of the course)
- Submit the Certificate and the Adult Leader Application to the Pack Trainer or Cubmaster
Pack Specific Training (45 minutes)
The more parents the better the program and the more rewarding it is for everyone.
Parent Action Items
- Volunteer to help with small defined tasks.
- Ask your Den Leader if they need help.
- Ask the Cubmaster or Committee Chair about the needs of the Pack.
- Remain positive and look for ways to improve the program - turn problems into solutions. We are not perfect and we will never will be perfect. So don't expect perfect, expect honest effort.
- Follow the advice we give the scouts... Do your best. If that includes getting trained then you need to get trained.
- Encourage other parents to help. Work as a team with projects that need attention.
Click the calendar item for more information....